Sunday, December 11, 2016

Final Reflective Post


Well here it is. The end of the semester. I have to say, I have learned so much in these last 4 months. I have learned not only about the technology being used in the classroom, but how to be creative, what kind of teacher I want to be, and how to use all the tools out there for my future classroom/students.

First of all, I fell in love with these blog posts. I haven't been able to be this creative in my school work in....well....I can't really remember a time I was able to be creative in my school work. I am taking this show on the road (so to speak) and using a blog in my classroom....or at least a website. I had a pretty good time creating that final assignment as well.

Students of all ages struggle with telling their parents what they've been up to in their studies. I'm not old enough yet to not remember that. Parents, especially of young students who are developing life long skills in their classroom, want and need to be involved in what's happening every day. I can only imagine how helpful a classroom website or blog could be for busy parents on the go! I can't wait to create such a useful tool in my educating, and have a lot of fun doing so! I am very appreciative of all the ways to utilize technology that I have learned. Aside from the blog posts and website, I have been able to explore many websites for content, like a website that makes quizzes, a word map, or a graphic. This will come in handy for my own classroom blog/website. I will be able to make it creative and customized.


Online classes can be tough. It's easy to skip over content and wing the assignments, but with this class I actually read (READ not skimmed) the textbook! It contained so much new information that I didn't know about, so much that can help make your teaching fun and informative. The lesson I think I'll take away from this class over anything else, is module 13 which spoke about copyrights. At the beginning of the class, I was using images that had a copyright and I didn't even know it. I immediately stopped, of course, and it has stuck with me through every lesson.


On to the negative....group projects. College groups projects are a recipe for disaster...and then add the fact that none of us see each other in person. It was rough, at least for me. My group project this semester went extremely poor. There was no communication and no way to try to create more communication. Coming from the student's perspective, it was really really rough. It's something to think a little about a little more, from the perspective of the teacher, if that kind of project is just a guaranteed bad grade. Maybe its a personal thing and every other group had great communication and exceeded at the project, but that was definitely not the case for me and my group.


All in all, I have to give a big "thank you" to this class in general. It has taught me useful information for being the best teacher I can be by providing multiple tools to integrate and involve the students and parents in learning. It was a class that opened up the creative side of me and I am very grateful for that. I plan to take every tool given to me to the bank! I will be creating a class website/blog, I will be using computer games in my class and I will looking for any way to use technology in my classroom. This class has made me excited to become a teacher in many ways because I have been able to think about myself as a teacher and what I will be doing. It has made me excited to start my education for becoming a teacher! I am so excited to be a creative teacher for my students and create ways to keep the classroom fun and personal.




 Sinyard, T. (2015, March 16). Retrieved December 11, 2016, from https://m.youtube.com/
 
 Ellis, J. (2016, December 11). Bitmoji. 

No comments:

Post a Comment